Test Case Engineer | Software Tester
- Chester, Cheshire, England
- £30k - 40k per year Excellent benefits
Test Case Engineer | Software Tester | Web Tester | ISTQB | Manual Testing | Automation
Located in Ellesmere Port
Negotiable dependent upon experience
Commutable from Chester, Hoole, Neston, Ellesmere Port, Deeside, Frodsham, Widnes, Warrington, Birkenhead, the Wirral, Flint, Broughton, Tarvin, Tarporley, Beeston and Wrexham.
Our client is going through a period of growth and has identified a need for new members to their Software Test Team. This is an exciting time for the Test team as they make their journey towards automation testing (Selenium); candidates will ideally have strong hands on manual testing experience as well as exposure to selenium.
Main Purpose of Job
To develop procedures, methods and tools for test, verification and certification of the company’s products and services. You will work as part of the IT team reporting to the Test Manager. You will work collaboratively with business areas to ensure effective communication of key functionality.
- Follow the software development cycle
- Study Design specifications, Functional specifications and supporting documentation created by development / business areas
- Create test scripts and test cases using MS Office
- Liaise with development and support regarding issues where necessary
- Work with business areas when required
- Demonstrate systems on request
- Demonstrate system to sponsor pre release
- Create supporting test evidence for both pass / failure
- Create sign off documentation
- Keep the team informed verbally / written of any developments which could affect the current / future projects
- Work well as part of a team
To be considered for the role you must have Commercial experience of testing of case management related andor windows front end systems, commercial experience of testing web sites and backend systems and experience of relational database SQL Server experience (Queries). It is highly desirable that you have exposure to .NET windows based systems and JIRA.
It is highly desirable for candidates to be ISTQB qualified, and applicants must have the right to work in the UK to be considered for the role.
If this opportunity sounds like it is the next step in your career or you are seeking a new challenge and would like to have experience of automation testing moving forwards - please apply by sending your CV ASAP.
OCC are acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
- Reference VAC-17558
- Contact Sarah Potter-lee
- Contact Email Sarah.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Tel 01270621190