SQL Server DBA
- Cheshire, England
- £35k - 45k per year Benefits
An international software business currently requires a SQL Server Database Administrator to join their award-winning team.
The role is based in South Cheshire, easily commutable for people living in Chester, Crewe, Nantwich, Stoke, Northwich, Winsford, Telford and surrounding areas.
This is a wonderful opportunity for anyone looking to continue their career as a DBA. You will be working with a very experienced team and the business will invest their time, energy and resources into helping you become a Senior DBA. In addition to the training, coaching and support that will be available to you, you’ll be rewarded with a competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
The SQL Server DBA role will include:
• Performing SQL Server upgrades, applying patches, and monitoring status
• Performance tuning
• Scheduling jobs and job monitoring
• Work trouble tickets for operations
• Helping to promote development changes into production
• Setting up and testing new database and data handling systems
• Sustaining the security and integrity of data
• Creating complex query definitions that allow data to be extracted
• Taking part in database design
• Training colleagues in how to input and extract data
• Work collaboratively with staff to continually improve operations and service levels.
Your background and experience will include:
• Detailed understanding of relational database management systems (RDBMS), SQL Language and XML database management systems.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience with database administration and troubleshooting
• Some experience with SQL development
• Strong analytical and organisational skills
• Eye for detail and accuracy
• The ability to work quickly, under pressure and to deadlines
• Up-to-date knowledge of technology and the Data Protection Act
Interviews can take place quickly, so if you are interested in pursuing this opening, please apply via this advert with your CV for immediate consideration.
- Reference OCC18107TB
- Contact Tom Brookshaw
- Contact Email email@example.com
- Contact Tel 01270 449797