Software Developer - .NET - Birmingham
- Birmingham, West Midlands, England
- £ Negotiable
A major financial services software company requires a .NET Software Engineer to join their talented team in Birmingham, West Midlands.
They are a true market leader, with their applications and platforms trusted by numerous household names. Their modern offices house a challenging and rewarding environment, where you will work on innovative products and be supported in your onward career aspirations.
As a Software Engineer you will be working on their core products, supporting and developing solutions for major enterprise clients. For these roles you will obviously love to develop, but will also be comfortable working with external clients. There is an element of out of hours support – one week in every three you will need to be on call, available to use your development skills to solve issues for your customers.
The role will involve:
- Developing and maintaining software in the Microsoft .NET stack – Visual Studio, C#, ASP.NET
- Performing requirement analysis, working with colleagues and customers to ensure they obtain the maximum benefit from their investment in our products.
- Taking an analytical approach, innovating, evaluating solutions and making recommendations throughout the development lifecycle.
- Working to stay within or exceed project deadlines.
- Carrying out testing to make sure our software is of the highest quality.
This might be an ideal opportunity for you if your background includes:
- Strong, recent and hands on development experience in C#, Visual Studio and ASP.NET
- A good grasp of SQL Server
- An understanding of TDD or SOLID principles
- The ability to work with design patterns in MVC
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience of Unit Testing
A competitive salary and excellent flexible benefits package will be available. If you would like the opportunity to work on significant applications for large corporate customers, in a fun and challenging working environment, please apply via this advert to Tom Brookshaw at OCC Computer Personnel.
OCC has been established for over 45 years, placing thousands of permanent and contract specialists across every technology platform. Our clients range from disruptive start-ups to large global organisations who recruit at all levels.
- Reference TB178981OCC
- Contact Tom Brookshaw
- Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Tel 01270 449797