Senior Software QA Engineer - Manual and Automation
- Kent, England
A successful agile software business is looking for an experienced Senior Software QA Engineer to join them on a permanent basis.
Following the continued success of their core products, and release of some ground breaking new solutions, the company is going from strength to strength. This is a challenging but rewarding role with genuine prospects for career development.
Quality at the center of everything they do. They believe that quality is the responsibility of everybody in the team, and the QA Engineer role helps to ensures that this happens.
Reporting directly into the Head of QA, you will be working as part of an agile team, helping to define, design, build and test solutions which achieve an acceptable level of quality against functional and non-functional requirements. They place great value in test automation, and believe in automating at the point of development change. Your automation skills will be highly valued and appreciated.
Your Experience Should Include:
- ISTQB/ISEB Certified
- Strong well rounded demonstrable knowledge of all aspects of QA including Functional and Non-Functional Testing.
- At least 5 years working experience in testing and QA
- Excellent working knowledge of:
- Preparation and execution of test scripts both manual and Automation
- Scrum/Kanban and practical experience of working as part of an agile team
- Exposure to:-
- MTM (Microsoft Test Manager) and TFS (Team Foundation Server)
- SQL Programming and design (T-SQL, Database Design)
- Soap UI
- Odin Axe
- Working alongside specialist automation specialists to help build ongoing automated regression packs
- Experience of Gherkin, SpecFlow or BDD frameworks
- Test Planning
- Test data requirements
- Defect Management and Triage
- Test Management Tools
- A proactive approach
- Excellent multi-tasking skills
- Strong communication skills are an absolute must
- An ability to communicate across both business and technically focused roles
- A strong sense of ownership and accountability for work undertaken
- Adaptable and flexible in approach
- Strong desire and thirst for learning
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to create traceability between tests and requirements / designs
To find out more about this exciting opportunity, apply today!
- Reference OCC17936TB
- Contact Tom Brookshaw
- Contact Email email@example.com
- Contact Tel 01270 449797