Project Manager - Stoke-On-Trent
- Stoke, West Midlands, England
- Market related
Project Manager – Stoke-On-Trent
Purpose of role:
Our Client is looking for an experienced Project Manager to join their company on a permanent basis. You will have experience delivering projects/changes of all sizes.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities:
- Translating requirements into a business case / PID and articulate a delivery approach in the form of a presentation to the Exec / Board, to achieve approval to proceed.
- Track and correlate key project KPI’s for the production of weekly project reporting, escalating by exception - Cost, Time, Risks, Scope, Benefits, Resource etc. via the PMO reporting mechanisms.
- Adopt a RACI (Responsible, Accountable, Consulted and Informed) framework to ensure clear definitions for all individuals involved in the project / change.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with all key stakeholders across the business; influencing key business decisions where required.
- Ensuring all time worked is being captured by all team members within timesheets, to ensure capitalisation of resources is appropriate.
- Develop and maintain high level and detailed project plans using Waterfall or Agile methodologies, using them to monitor progress and model ‘what if scenarios’ to plan mitigation strategies. Proactively managing project resource from multi-disciplined teams both within head office, sites across the UK and external resources/suppliers.
- Understand basic revenue models and P/L; meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing a project budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Working closely with developers to define functional and non-functional requirements and build design specifications.
- Manages and maintains key documentation such as RAID (Risk, Actions, Issues, and Dependencies), Lessons, Work package logs, Project Initiation, Closure. Ensuring projects are closed in adherence to PMO procedures with key tasks handed over to the user and lessons are reviewed and shared for future projects.
- Ensure your own continuous professional development by participating in external networking / conferences /associations / groups, to stay current on Industry developments & innovations. Encourage, support and coach other team members in their own development.
- Maintain a positive and solution oriented approach to work, providing open and honest feedback.
- In all internal and external contact, present a professional and positive image of the department, the team and the company as well as maintaining mutually constructive, positive and beneficial relationships.
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure appropriate confidentiality.
Undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this role.
- Travel between group sites (Stoke, Manchester and Birmingham) as required to perform key responsibilities will be required.
Please only apply for this position if you live within an easy commutable distance of Stoke and you are authorised to work in the UK without restriction.
- Reference PMStoke
- Contact Donna Lightfoot
- Contact Email email@example.com
- Contact Tel 01270621199