- Cheshire, England
A leading financial sector business in South Cheshire is looking to hire their next Progress Developer.
They offer a fantastic working environment, challenging and rewarding in equal measure. One of their main company strengths is the passion and flare for innovation of their people.
Their South Cheshire site is commutable from Crewe, Nantwich, Stoke, Chester, Northwich, Wilmslow, Stockport and surrounding areas.
This role is in an established team working on their core systems, which are written in Progress ABL. It provides a great opportunity for an established Progress Developer to continue their work with the latest Progress technologies, or for someone with strong experience in other development languages who wants to cross train into Progress OpenEdge.
As well as being a technologist, you will also need to have excellent analytical and communication skills as you will be required to work closely with a wide variety of internal user groups throughout all aspects of the development lifecycle. Stakeholder demand and business visibility is high, so you need to be delivery focused and able to handle a fast paced and dynamic environment.
In return for your efforts you will receive a competitive salary (negotiable depending on experience) plus an excellent benefits package that includes:
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 days’ holiday
- Share Save Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection Scheme
- Profit Related Bonus
- Pension scheme
- Range of Lifestyle and Wellbeing benefit
To be a good match for this role, your background must include:
- Professional PROGRESS experience in both event driven GUI and batch development
Professional knowledge of another programming language (Java, C , Go, PHP, Python, C#) and an interest in the development of complex and high performing financial systems. Cross-training to Progress OpenEdge will be provided where needed.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Previous experience in a similar client facing development role
If your background also includes some of the following, it would be a big advantage:
- Computer science degree or equivalent
- Experience of development on Linux/Unix with communication protocols e.g. TCP/IP
- Familiarity with multi-threaded parallel processing systems
- Knowledge/experience of financial/accounting systems
- Knowledge of financial markets
- Production use of FIX 4.0 or above, message-oriented middleware
- High volume real time message handling
- Real time interactive data display
- Secure web development
- Linux/UNIX scripting
- Previous experience in a similar client facing development role, within the financial sector
- Extensive exposure to the full development life-cycle
- Progress/.NET and Progress Developer Studio for OpenEdge
- Experience of SQL/RDBMS
To register your interest in this excellent opportunity, please apply today for immediate consideration.
- Reference TB18108OCC
- Contact Tom Brookshaw
- Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Tel 01270 449797