NATO Modelling & Simulation Engineer, Poland
- London, Greater London, England
- £50 per hour benefits
NATO Modelling and Simulation Engineer - Poland
1 January 2016 to 31 December 2016
Current NATO SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED
- Support to preparation and execution of exercise/training events: 5.1.1. Prepare the M&S environment (set-up and tear down of the M&S platform) for TEs and exercises, tests and experimentations. 5.1.2. Validate and support the execution of the delivery of technical solutions by NCIA.
- Act as a Tech Control and CAX first line support during events/exercises.
- Setup the technical environment, according to the plan developed by the CAX Manager for each event.
- Monitor and troubleshoot problems occurring during conducting within the given AOR.
- General M&S routine and development:
- Contribution to the JFTC M&S knowledge base regarding CAX system setup;
- Close consultation with CAX engineers of WGB and NCIA for the implementation of optimum technical solutions;
- Configuration of NATO C2 interfaces to enable the simulation environment to exchange data with C2 systems;
- Maintenance of M&S configuration and assets;
- Assistance to CAX System Engineers, support as required for timely CAX configuration delivery;
- Coordination of the requirements with event planners for C2 systems that will be used during an event;
- Preparation of M&S and NATO Functional System (FS) platforms for exercises and other events as directed.
Additional responsibilities: The Contractor’s personnel may be required to perform other related duties as directed (in particular, they can expect to work as a member of Working Groups, Project Teams, etc. for defined periods of time).
- Experience in executing M&S support for CAX preparation and execution in military/NATO environment
- Proven current experience of work (hands-on experience) for NATO and/or National
- Basic high-level language programming skills such as JAVA, SQL, shell scripting
- Good knowledge and extensive experience in computer networking, common Internet protocols, management and diagnostic software (ftp, telnet, etc)
- Advanced administrative knowledge of Windows Server and Linux operating systems
- Experience with virtualization; in particular, setup of VMware, implementation of Windows and Linux virtual machines and VSphere administration
- Practical knowledge of common PC and networking hardware
- Practical experience with setup and federation of Joint Conflict And Tactical Simulation (JCATS) and Virtual Battle Space (VBS) simulation systems
- Basic knowledge of Joint Theatre Level Simulation (JTLS)
- Practical experience with M&S supporting tools such as Networked Interoperable Real-time Information Services (NIRIS)
- Practical experience with NATO C2 systems such as Integrated Command & Control (ICC) and Interim Geo-Spatial Intelligence Tool (iGeoSIT), with particular focus on their connectivity to constructive simulations
Language: Native English language speaker or individual presenting very good command of spoken and written English
- Reference VAC-16502-211015
- Contact Tim Lane
- Contact Email Tim.email@example.com
- Contact Tel 01270 621191