MS SQL DBA/Database Administrator
- Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, England
- £40k - 50k per year
SQL Serve Database Administrator/DBA/Analyst
Commutable from Liverpool, Chester, Ellesmere Port, Helsby, Frodsham, Merseyside and surrounding areas.
My client a leader in their field require an experienced Database Administrator/DBA to help with the next step of their digital roadmap.
You will be involved in the design, creation of a new database in Azure hosted environment as well as BAU tasks.
- knowledge and expertise of MS SQL Server 2008
- Knowledge of working in Azure and setting up and maintaining Azure SQL databases is also crucial
- Abilities to write and optimise complex stored procedures, views, functions etc. in T-SQL as well as writing and interrogating complex queries and maintaining SQL Agent jobs
- Experience of SQL CLR development
- Management of extended stored procedures
- Abilities in PowerShell are also of use along with abilities in maintaining the Microsoft BI stack (SSAS, SSIS and SSRS)
- Database performance tuning / optimisation / indexing
- Interpreting / actioning execution plans and client statistics
- SQL Migration and DR planning (from ‘on premise’ to cloud)
- develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans
- A firm understanding of the implementation of clustering
- To help design and build database schemas with integrity and scalability with data access layers that are optimised for performance
- Liaise with the Development, Testing, Support, MI and Infrastructure teams
- Develop, document and maintain support processes, procedures and solutions
- Responsible for QA of all UAT and Production database releases ensuring company standards are followed, deployment of fit for purpose code to UAT and Live, driving all requests through the company’s internal CAB process.
- Responsible for the setup/management of database security, ensuring that the correct production policies are adhered to, with review in line with company or regulatory procedures.
- Exposure to Data Warehouse ETL
- Database replication/synchronization
- Reference 6750
- Contact Julie Bestwick
- Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Tel 01270 621190