Junior DBA - SQL Server
- Nantwich, Cheshire, England
- £20k - 30k per year Benefits
A global software business is currently looking for a Junior DBA to join their team in Nantwich, South Cheshire
This is a wonderful opportunity for someone looking to build their DBA career. The company are committed to investing their time and energy into helping you develop into a Senior DBA within 2-3 years.
Reporting into a Senior DBA, you will be helping to maintain SQL Server databases for their production application, including administration, database development and trouble shooting.
Your role will include:
• Performing SQL Server upgrades, applying patches, and monitoring status
· Performance tuning
• Scheduling jobs and job monitoring
• Work trouble tickets for operations
• Helping to promote development changes into production
• Setting up and testing new database and data handling systems
• Sustaining the security and integrity of data
• Creating complex query definitions that allow data to be extracted
• Take part of database design
• Training colleagues in how to input and extract data
• Work collaboratively with staff to continually improve operations and service levels.
Your knowledge and experience should include:
• Knowledge of relational database management systems (RDBMS), SQL Language and XML database management systems.
• Experience with SQL development
• Some Experience with database administration and troubleshooting
• Strong analytical and organisational skills
• Eye for detail and accuracy
• The ability to work quickly, under pressure and to deadlines
• Up-to-date knowledge of technology and the Data Protection Act
If you are interested in this excellent opportunity, please apply with your CV today for immediate consideration.
- Reference OCC18066TB
- Contact Tom Brookshaw
- Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Tel 01270 449797