IT Test Analyst
- Crewe, Cheshire, England
- Market related
IT Test Analyst - Crewe
Our client is seeking an experienced, motivated and focussed Test Analyst to join their growing test team within the IT department.
IT analysis, development, projects and support are the key to everything they do to deliver success and innovation. The IT team works using both agile and waterfall project methodologies and are constantly reviewing, adopting and using new technologies as well as assessing new approaches to solving the varied, complex and dynamic problems we face in the business.
We are looking for someone with a high level of testing experience in an IT software development environment who is keen to take their career further.
Key Role Responsibilities:
Typical work activities include:
- Produce test estimates, test plans, test scenarios/cases and test scripts
- Perform test execution during Integration and System test phases
- Log and mange defects and incidents in the test management tool
- Provide support for UAT phases
- Work closely with the in-house developers during the development and unit test phase
- Perform production verification and monitor system performance and behaviour after promotion to the production environment
- Work as part of an IT Project delivery Team to deliver on time and fit for purpose solutions.
- Work with the test team in the development and implementation of improvements to the SDLC.
Qualifications & specialist training required:
- Minimum of HND or degree qualification.
- ISEB Testing qualification or accredited Agile qualification
The essential skills/attributes are:
- Demonstrable testing experience including knowledge of test tools, methodologies and best practice.
- Working knowledge of multiple software development methodologies.
- Experience of working with JIRA or similar test management tool.
- Ability to translate business and technical requirements into test conditions/scripts using specialist tools where appropriate.
- Broad commercial knowledge with sound business acumen.
- High level of communication influencing and negotiation skills, coupled with an ability to build relationships at all levels.
Competent planning skills coupled with a high capacity to learn and the ability to think laterally and strategically.
- Knowledge and experience of using both waterfall and agile development processes and techniques.
Particular skills / aptitude required:
- Experience of working with a COTS ERP product, especially Oracle ERP would be beneficial, but not mandatory.
- Experience of JIRA
- Experience working in a software development environment
- Reference VAC-17982
- Contact Donna Lightfoot
- Contact Email email@example.com
- Contact Tel 01270621199