Data Migration Analyst
- Crewe, Cheshire, England
- £40k per year Benefits
Data Migration Analyst - Crewe
We are in the early stages of deploying a new cloud-based billing and ERP system, and we require a Data Migration Analyst to work closely with the Data Manager to profile / cleanse the data we hold in our operational systems and to extract, transform and load this data into the new ERP system.
Key Role Responsibilities:
Typical work activities will include:
- Analyse the operational and financial data we hold in current systems, identifying requirements for data cleansing and creating cleansing routines / transformations where required.
- Understand the technology solutions for loading data into the target systems.
- Perform technical mapping between legacy finance and billing systems and target systems.
- Create routines to extract data from legacy systems and to subsequently transform this data into the formats / structures that are required to support the loading of the data into the target systems.
- Ensure data is loaded into the target environment as expected and generate reports and controls to ensure data is reconciled
- Ensure that data migration activities are delivered on time, to budget and that the deployed solutions meet business expectations
The essential skills/attributes are:
- Significant hands-on experience of designing, developing and implementing data migration solutions, ideally working with finance data.
- Experience of working with cloud-based technologies.
- Excellent SQL and data manipulation skills.
- Experience of implementing data transformation and cleansing solutions to deliver improved levels of data quality and usability.
- Experience of working with commercial ETL tools would be beneficial but not mandatory.
Particular skills / aptitude required:
- Ability to influence stakeholders and to effectively manage customer expectations.
- Ability to build a strong rapport with members of the IT Team and the wider business teams.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Self-motivated with the ability to "hit the ground running".
- Think critically and focus on outcomes.
- Reference VAC-17983
- Contact Donna Lightfoot
- Contact Email email@example.com
- Contact Tel 01270621199