- Crewe, Cheshire, England
- £50k - 60k per year Benefits
Data Manager - Crewe
A Data Manager is required to take ownership of the data architecture across the company and to develop strategies for how data should be managed, governed and utilised in an optimal manner. As new systems are developed, data will need to be synchronised / migrated across systems and data sources.
Typical work activities will include:
- Understand and analyse the data architecture across the enterprise, ensuring that data is appropriately managed and effectively utilised.
- Develop strategies and approaches for managing the data we hold, particularly in relation to data cleansing, de-duplication, synchronisation / integration across systems and data migration.
- Develop a strategy and associated project plan(s) for migrating data to our new cloud-based enterprise systems.
- Understand the technology solutions for loading data into the target systems.
- Perform technical mapping between legacy systems and the target systems.
- Create routines to extract data from legacy systems and to subsequently transform this data into the formats / structures that are required to support the loading of the data into the target systems.
- Ensure data is loaded into the target environment as expected and generate reports and controls to ensure data is reconciled
Ensure that data migration activities are delivered on time, to budget and that the deployed solutions meet business expectations
The essential skills/attributes are:
- Significant hands-on experience of planning, designing, developing and implementing data migration solutions, ideally working with finance data.
- Experience of working with cloud-based technologies.
- Experience of various data manipulation techniques and methods including profiling, matching, de-duplication, cleansing, transformation etc.
- Excellent SQL and data manipulation skills.
- Experience of implementing data transformation and cleansing solutions to deliver improved levels of data quality and usability.
- Experience of working with commercial ETL tools would be beneficial but not mandatory.
Good project management skills (project planning, issue / risk management, status reporting etc.)
Particular skills / aptitude required:
- Ability to manage individuals and lead a small team.
- Ability to influence stakeholders and to effectively manage customer expectations.
- Ability to build a strong rapport with members of the IT Team and the wider business teams.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Self-motivated with the ability to “hit the ground running”.
Think critically and focus on outcomes.
- Reference VAC-17984
- Contact Donna Lightfoot
- Contact Email email@example.com
- Contact Tel 01270621199