Cloud Infrastructure Engineer - SQL Server - Staffordshire
- Staffordshire, England
- £35k - 45k per year
An industry leading organisation in Staffordshire has an exciting opportunity available for a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis.
The company provides both on premise and cloud based solutions to multiple end clients, including numerous large household names.
They have a vibrant, fun, and inclusive culture and place great importance in the wellbeing and career development of their staff. The office is commutable from Stafford, Crewe, Stoke, Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Telford and Burton.
This role sits within a dedicated team with the responsibility to ensure that the company’s managed cloud service is online, working, robust, secure and well maintained. It is key growth area for the business.
To be a good fit for this role, you must the following skills and experience:
- Strong technical background, especially with Microsoft Technologies
- Excellent knowledge of SQL Server 2008 and 2012. Experience in SQL Server 2014 is a definite advantage.
- Previous experience working a cloud services environment
- Excellent interpersonal / customer relation skills
- Strong understanding of:
- T-SQL writing
- SQL Server maintenance and troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of:
- sFTP programs
- WAN / LAN environments and terminology
It would be a big advantage if you also had the following skills and experience:
- Knowledge of IT security requirements – ISO 27001 / ISO 9001
- Previous experience working with Microsoft Azure
An excellent package is available for the right candidate. In addition to a competitive basis salary, you will have 25 days holiday per year (plus paid bank holidays) and a flexible benefits package that includes Private Pension Scheme, Private Healthcare Scheme, Group Life Assurance and Group Long Term Sickness Insurance. There are regular company social events and charity initiatives.
If this outstanding opportunity is of interest to you, please apply with your CV today for immediate consideration.
- Reference OCC17874TB
- Contact Tom Brookshaw
- Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Tel 01270 449797