Application Support Engineer - SQL Server
- Cheshire, England
- £20k - 30k per year Benefits
A successful software business in South Cheshire is looking for an Application Support Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis.
They are a software leader in a very specific area within financial services / banking, and from their office in South Cheshire they deliver outstanding service and support to customers across UK and Europe.
The site is easily commutable from Chester, Crewe, Nantwich, Stoke, Winsford, Northwich, Stafford, Telford and more.
As a business they have a friendly and inclusive atmosphere, with everyone working hard for each other to deliver fantastic solutions to a demanding client base. Their core applicat6ions are SQL Server based and data heavy.
The role of Application Support Engineer will involve:
• Implement, optimize, test and release: data management scripts, ETL procedure, system monitoring scripts.
• Application monitoring: monitoring critical logs and systems. Managing exceptions and fixing data and systems, engaging with internalBusiness Consultants and System Engineers.
• On call support: overnight / early morning production on-call support and application management of the platform.
• Working directly with clients and the internal Customer Service team to troubleshoot and support incidents regarding custom applications andsystems issues.
• Assisting the project team during the implementation of applications with new clients.
• Participating in regular customer Service status meetings.
• Validating and keeping the customer environments up to date.
Your background will include the following:
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in an application support services role
• Minimum 3 years hands on experience with Microsoft / UNIX based systems
• SQL Server experience
• Strong customer empathy and customer focus
• Team mentality: flexible, determined, hands-on and accurate
If this wonderful opportunity is of interest to you, please submit your CV today for immediate consideration.
- Reference OCC18105TB
- Contact Tom Brookshaw
- Contact Email email@example.com
- Contact Tel 01270 449797