Application Support Engineer
- Crewe, Cheshire, England
- £25k - 30k per year
Are you a natural problem solver with a passion for software and a background supporting SQL Server based applications?
We are supporting a leading Fintech business in the search for an Application Support Engineer to join their passionate team. Their software is built using the latest technologies and methodologies and is used by financial organisations across the world.
They are based in the Crewe and Nantwich area, commutable from places including Stoke, Chester, Northwich, Wilmslow, Congleton and Stafford.
As an Application Support Engineer, your role will be to deliver their application management services to wide variety of customers. This will include application monitoring, support of custom applications and working directly with end users and support staff to troubleshoot and support incidents. This will include being part of an on call rota to cover extended business hours. You will also get the opportunity to be involved in implementing their platform with new customers, assisting in the integration of their applications with other systems.
You could be a great fit for this role if your background includes:
- At least 2 years’ experience in an IT application support role
- Good overall technical skills in MS SQL Server, Windows, IIS, integration tools, reporting tools and scheduling.
- Basic skills in at least one of the following T-SQL, PowerShell, .NET, VBScript
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- The flexibility to visit customer sites on occasion
- Some knowledge of banking or financial applications this is not essential but would certainly help
Whoever comes into this role will receive an excellent package that includes a strong base salary, pension, and various insurance schemes. You will also be joining an international team where training and development is at the core of their culture.
To discuss this opportunity in more detail, please send your CV to Tom Brookshaw at OCC via this advert or get in touch on 01270 449797 for an initial chat.
- Reference 6763
- Contact Tom Brookshaw
- Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Tel 01270 449797