Application Support Analyst - Oracle
- Crewe, Cheshire, England
- Market related
Oracle Application Support Analyst - Crewe
You’ll be at the front-line, dealing directly with customers who use the suite of Oracle applications, and working closely with both the Oracle Development team and Service Desk Analysts to resolve calls quickly.
- Management and ownership of technical Faults and Requests reported to the IT Service Desk
- Manage incoming support requests covering issues or queries with Oracle Forms/Reports, Oracle Data Integrator, Integration Cloud Services, Oracle Cloud ERP, Recvue and Oracle PBCS applications.
- Dealing directly with business users in order to clarify specific user requirements.
- Resolve 1st and 2nd Line (technical) application support calls to agreed service levels, with root cause analysis completed and recommendations for complete resolution provided.
- Prioritise support calls and allocate them on that basis to the 3rd Line technical support teams if required.
- Run daily system checks and alert 3rd line technical support teams as required.
- Keep internal customers informed of any IT related issues that might impact their teams.
- Ensure accurate and timely feedback on submitted support requests to internal customers.
- Manage root cause analysis to eliminate recurring support issues.
- Cover business hours in line with business needs across UK, Ireland and Europe.
- Degree in IT related subject with significant focus on software development.
- Min 1 years’ experience in commercial support/development environment or equivalent course work content.
- Experience of using SQL and PL/SQL, and able to demonstrate willingness and ability to quickly learn new technologies, applying skills learnt to solve specific problems.
- Experience of providing excellent customer service and/or administrative excellence in an IT or business environment.
- Ability to use initiative and investigate technical systems in order to complete root cause analysis.
In order to deliver a high-quality service to the business, the Service Desk is open from 07:30 – 18:00. The successful candidate will therefore be expected to work with other members of the team to cover these hours either on a fixed hours or rota basis (Mon-Fri, 37.5 hours per week).
Please only apply for this role if you live in a commutable distance to Crewe. Our client is unable to offer sponsorship for this position therefore you must have the right to work in the UK without restrictions.
- Reference OracleSupp
- Contact Donna Lightfoot
- Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Tel 01270621199